Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stand Up and Scrap

So a few weeks back I took part in a digi-scrapping competition that ran for 6 weeks with different challenges each week. It was called Stand Up and Scrap and all proceeds from entry fees went to the Alliance for Climate Protection which is run by Al Gore. In return for our entry fee we got a fab digikit designed by some awesome digi-designers. The competition itself was run by Little Dreamer Designs, Sweet Shoppe Designs, and Disc Talk Radio, and was run very well I thought. Everyone had an entry number and you could only load your entries to the gallery by this number so theoretically the judges wouldn't know who you are (unless the people in your photos were well known in the digi-scrapping world). Also there were different judges for each week so no bias also. This is the first competition I've ever entered for digi-scrapping so didn't really think my chances would be good - I was just pleased to complete 6 layouts!

I didn't find out until the end of the contest how I did. There were over 450 entries split into 2 categories - Advanced and Intermediate (that's me!) but in the end I came 40th in the Intermediate category out of appox 150 entries that actually received points. I don't know how many didn't receive any points and I was thrilled to find out that I actually received points for all my layouts except for one so that was pretty cool. So here is my layout for the first challenge which was "Dream" and also had to use brushes. This is the layout that didn't score any points. I guess its quite hard to read but the journalling basically says how my dream is to be there later in life for my family, to grow old with my husband and to see my daughter grow into a woman.

2 comments:

Trina,  November 15, 2007 at 7:01 AM  

What a wonderful LO Andrea. And cool topic too. Its one of my dreams too but I hadn't thought of putting it on a LO. Might have to lift your idea one day.

Congrats on your placing and points. AWESOME!

Penny November 15, 2007 at 2:52 PM  

Congratulations Andrea - that is an awesome result!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP