Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've been sewing.

Penny pointed me to another great local craft site called Felt. Well worth the look. Thanks Penny!

And I've been doing some sewing myself. I wanted to make Isla an apron for when she does baking with me and I've got heaps of quilting fat quarters and fat tenths so I looked for a pattern but couldn't find one I liked. I just wanted something simple - they all seemed to be pretty frilly, so I've made my own pattern. And its turned out rather well, I'm quite pleased with it actually. I made the neckline adjustable so she won't grow out of it too quickly. Also the white strip I've cut from an old shirt of hers that no longer fits but I loved the design on it so its good to finally use it for something. I've actually done that with quite a few of her old shirts that for some reason or other I couldn't keep or onsell but had cool designs that I could cut out. One day I'd like to make some cushions or something from them but we'll see ;-) Of course the little munchkin didn't want her photo taken so this is the best that I got, lol.

3 comments:

Donna February 6, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

That is so cool Andrea! I have little bits of old PP clothes here too, that have never quite made it to anything else...yet. My kids hate me cutting up their old clothes!
You need to start your own Etsy business with these!

Penny February 6, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Beautiful! And what a great idea for recycling clothes too :)

I have been wanting to make one for Tim for ages but haven't yet sat down to draw out a pattern. I've got some Thomas material he will love. He complains bitterly when I put my apron on him.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP