Thursday, July 3, 2008

Spin Art

I think I saw this the other day on the Craftzine blog and it looked so much fun!

Take one salad spinner - i didn't have one but you can get them at Briscoes, Payless Plastics etc.

Cut circles of paper that fit inside the basket. I used my Fiskars large circle template which fits perfectly!

Blob paint onto the paper. We just used tempera acrylic paint straight out of the bottle.

Put the lid on and start to spin! Isla loved doing the spinning.

And voila! A cool piece of art.


Next time I think I might water the paint down a little to see if works differently - i think the acrylic paint straight out of the bottle might be a bit heavy for the paper we are using.

6 comments:

Jo July 3, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Cool idea Andrea! Great with the holidays coming up!

Tracy July 3, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

That is very cool and I love your cute little demo assistant!

Penny July 3, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Oh that is so cool! I should tell the kindy teachers, they would love that.

scrapgeek July 3, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

That looks like messy fun!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP